http://bestflights.co.za/europe/england/nottingham – Visit for more information on Nottingham, UK.
Nottingham, a city in the East Midlands of England, is famed for its connection with the legend Robin Hood. During the Industrial Revolution the city obtained worldwide recognition for its bicycle industries and lace making.
What to see / do
• City of Caves – A network of man-made caves carved out of sandstone
• Lace Market Theatre
• Lakeside Arts Centre – Also including a small theatre
• Museum of Nottingham Life — Showing the social change over the last 300 years
• National Ice Centre — Go ice skating at the amazing National Ice Centre
• Newstead Abbey — Home of local poet Lord Byron
• Nottingham Castle — A small stately home and museum
• Nottingham Playhouse – One of the largest theaters in Nottingham
• Sherwood Forest Country Park — Ancient royal hunting forest with parks and villages
• Theatre Royal – One of the largest theaters in Nottingham
• The Galleries of Justice — A fascinating look at the sometimes rough justice meted out in the years gone by.
• Nottingham Comedy Festival – Performances by new and well-known comedians
• Nottingham’s Goose Fair – One of Britain’s largest fun-fairs, held for more than 700 years
• Nottingham LGBT Pride — Stages with music and acts, stalls, food and drink areas.
• Robin Hood Festival — Held at the Sherwood Forest Country Park
• Robin Hood Pageant — At Nottingham Castle with jesters, juggling and jousting on horseback
• The Riverside Festivals — Live music, markets and fairs with firework displays.